Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with huge backup - possible bug

2008-10-16 10:51:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with huge backup - possible bug
From: Piotr Gbyliczek <pg AT forlinux.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:48:05 +0100
On Thursday 16 October 2008 15:22:39 John Drescher wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 October 2008 14:36:47 Piotr Gbyliczek wrote:
> >> I didn't called it huge. But it is quite big imho if you doing it over
> >> cloud, not through corporate network with stable 100Mb or even 1Tb
> >> connections.
> I have 1GB to every single machine in the department but this took
> some negotiations with the company and every machine still has to have
> a 100Mbit link if it needs internet access so they can watch each
> user's internet activity...

That's very nice. Unlucky for me, we only providing backup solution for
clients and some of them have servers in different DataCentres, so, it is not
possible to have anything with decent speed between them. DCs are rather not
having fast connection to other DCs - they don't like each other. SD per DC
is not possible as well, as in this case client don't want to pay more for
servers there. Anyway, will search list for this.
Thanks for help.

--
Piotr Gbyliczek
Second Line Support