Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic Recycling Volume

2008-10-04 16:12:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Automatic Recycling Volume
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 02:08:58 +0200
Hi,

please reply to the list so others can profit from this discussion, too.

30.09.2008 16:19, Frederico Argolo wrote:

> Thanks for your answer.
>
> But what you suggest, if I want to run a Full Backup every Friday ?
>
> Volume Retention = 30d
> Maximum Volumes = 4
>
> It's OK ?

No. four weeks are 28 days.

You need - to be sure you don't lose data in case of unforeseen
problems - one volume more than strictly necessary, so, for the full
backup pool, weekly jobs, and 30 days retention time, you end up with
six volmes:

30 / 7: ~4.3
round up: 5
add one volume so you don't have to recycle before the current bckup
is done: 6

Arno