Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: restore all most recent backed up files without using full backups

2008-10-04 15:50:59
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: restore all most recent backed up files without using full backups
From: gvm999 <gvm999 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:20:49 +0200
This is on behalf of Craig.

On Sat, 2008-09-27 at 10:18 +0200, gvm999 wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> The subject probably sounds strange...
> Let me explain:
>

> I found out I accidentally deleted volumes with a full backup.
> Or the files are not in the database anymore.
>

> So now I wonder, how can I make bacula restore all the files that have
> changed since the full backup?
> Is it possible that bacula restores without using the full backups,
> and takes the latest version of a file from the incrementals or
> differentials?
>

> I know I can't get all files back with this, but at least some part.
>

> Or does losing a full backup means that I have 140GB of volumes which
> have actually no use?
>

> Please be clear as I am pretty new to bacula.
> I hope someone can help.
>

> Greetings and thanks in advance!
----
presuming that your full backup is still on tape and that you also have
a backup of the catalog from that full backup, you can backup your
existing sql catalog, drop the catalog, restore the catalog from the
catalog that includes this full backup on tape at which point, you
should have no problem restoring from that backup.

http://bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Restore_Command.html#SECTION0022130000000000000000

Craig