Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula documentation

2008-10-03 15:03:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula documentation
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: hjrrs AT yahoo DOT com
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 21:00:28 +0200
On Friday 03 October 2008 20:46:38 Hemant Shah wrote:
> [...]

Sometimes email comes across too strong.  I didn't have any strong emotions
about this, I am just short on time so I type fast, and I wanted to clarify
the situation.  Some times I do get the feeling that people forget that we do
this all day for free, and that Bacula is far bigger than we can handle
alone ...

> Actually, right now I am trying to install TexLive 2008 on one of the
> systems.
>
>   I always liked how IBM would add the version number besides the options.
> I run several versions of the software on our systems and it is always easy
> to read the manual and see if the option was supported on a particular
> version where I was trying to fix the problem. The release notes has so
> much other information and I do not read it more than once.

Yes, I agree, their manuals are really nice.  I have a good number here, but
take a look at the size of the team that they have for each manual.   Some
day, when the Bacula professional company does 2 Billion dollars of buisiness
I hope we will have manuals that match IBM's  :-)

>   I would love to help out but we recently downsized and I am the only one
> to maintain 30 servers and 50 workstation over 2 continents.

Good luck.

Kern