Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Unable to connect to Client

2008-10-02 12:58:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Unable to connect to Client
From: Tyekanyk <jorixine AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Steve Harp" <steve AT abelscreening DOT com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:56:06 -0300
can you telnet from the director to your client on port 9102 ?
is bacula started on client ?
is there a firewall between the director and the client ?

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Steve Harp <steve AT abelscreening DOT com> wrote:
Hi All,

Setup:
   Bacula 2.4.2
   openSuse 10.3

I've finally gotten Bacula installed to the extent that I can run a test
backup/restore on the local machine (the director).  Now I can't connect
to any clients and I've followed everything I can find in the docs.  My
bacula-fd.conf on the clients are exactly like that on the director with
the exception of the FileDeamon name, the file deamons are running on
the clients and I've verified that they're using the correct conf
files.  Below is what I'm seeing (first I try the Linux client openSUSE
v11.0t, then the Windows XP Pro).

*status client
The defined Client resources are:
    1: director-fd
    2: linux-client-fd
    3: windows-client-fd
Select Client (File daemon) resource (1-3): 2
Connecting to Client linux-client-fd at linux-client.ourdomain.com:9102
Failed to connect to Client linux-client-fd.
====
You have messages.
*messages
02-Oct 11:53 director-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: bsock.c:129 Unable to
connect to Client: linux-client-fd on linux-client.ourdomain.com:9102.
ERR=Connection refused
*status client
The defined Client resources are:
    1: director-fd
    2: linux-client-fd
    3: windows-client-fd
Select Client (File daemon) resource (1-3): 3
Connecting to Client windows-client-fd at windows-client.ourdomain.com:9102
Failed to connect to Client windows-client-fd.
====
*messages
You have no messages.

Note that the Linux client comes back with a "Connection refused"
message but the Windows client gives no message.  I've verified that the
director name and password is exactly the same in the bacula-dir.conf
and all the bacula-fd.conf files.  What else is needed to make a
connection?  I can ping the clients from the director computer with no
problems.  Does Bacula have to have a user account on the client
computers to login with?

Thanks for any help,
Steve

-Jorixine-