Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] end_of_backup.sh

2008-10-02 12:09:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] end_of_backup.sh
From: Craig White <craigwhite AT azapple DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 09:04:32 -0700
On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 10:34 -0500, C M Reinehr wrote:
> Craig,
>
> On Thu 02 October 2008 09:56, Craig White wrote:
> > Ran into a problem with the latest updates to CentOS 5. I have been
> > running Bacula 2.0.3 on a few systems for over a year now. Now after the
> > updates, the last job runs the script, 'end_of_backup.sh' which runs the
> > following commands:
> >
> > mt rewind
> > mt eject
> >
> > and at the end of the job, it returned this error
> >
> > AfterJob: /dev/tape: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> I don't use CentOS so I'm speculating here, but the mt command, as you have
> it, is using the default tape device which, in this case, appears to
> be /dev/tape. After the upgrade, is /dev/tape still linked to the correct
> device, i.e. to /dev/nst0?
----
I should have looked...it's curious to be sure.

# ls -l /dev/tape
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 60 Sep 29 21:02 by-id

# ls -l /dev/tape/by-id/
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 29 21:02
scsi-1SEAGATE_ULTRIUM06242-XXX_HR00X0A-nst -> ../../nst0

and in checking on other systems, that seems to be consistent (/dev/tape
not being a symbolic link at all but rather having a subdirectory of
'by-id' with the actual tape device being linked there.

For now, I have given the bacula user the /bin/bash shell which does
allow the user to execute sudo supported commands.

Craig