Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] end_of_backup.sh

2008-10-02 11:02:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] end_of_backup.sh
From: Craig White <craigwhite AT azapple DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 07:56:52 -0700
Ran into a problem with the latest updates to CentOS 5. I have been
running Bacula 2.0.3 on a few systems for over a year now. Now after the
updates, the last job runs the script, 'end_of_backup.sh' which runs the
following commands:

mt rewind
mt eject

and at the end of the job, it returned this error

AfterJob: /dev/tape: Inappropriate ioctl for device

which never happened before and it would have rewound and ejected the
tape.

So I went to a different system that is running Bacula 1.3.8 on CentOS 4
and I ended up modifying my sudoers file and changing the
end_of_backup.sh script to run instead...

sudo mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
sudo mt -f /dev/nst0 eject

and made those same modifications on this system and at the end of the
backup now, I get the following error...

AfterJob: sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

OK, that makes sense but that also means that I don't have a theory on
how to handle ejecting the tape as user bacula via a script.

Ideas anyone?

Craig