Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] tapes are not reliable?

2008-09-29 08:27:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] tapes are not reliable?
From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu AT realss DOT com>
To: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:24:00 +0800
Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Well, DDS is often called WORN - Write Once Read Never :-)

Hi. Your text looks very good to complete this web page:
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Supported_Tape_Drives.html

I wish I can get write access to that page for improving it, using
information you provided.

> I don't know what pv is or how it works,
pv is "pipe viewer", to show bandwidth of a pipe. I often place it
between pipes to know data is actually being written or read.

I used
# mt setblk 0

And the result seems to be fine, this time it reads much more data than
before, perhaps can reach the end of the tape. waiting.