Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] spooling and tape changing problem

2008-09-29 07:22:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] spooling and tape changing problem
From: Adrian Moisey <adrian AT careerjunction.co DOT za>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:19:36 +0200
Hi

My full backups take up about 1TB of data.  I have a single LTO-3 tape
drive with multiple takes.

I'm running Ubuntu Hardy and bacula is setup

I've setup a schedule to run every sunday night so that I can change the
tape on monday morning.

It runs about 8 jobs concurrently.

On Monday morning i get in to a notice that the tape needs changing.
After I change the tape the job that was busy writing finishes and the
next one gets stuck...

The only thing that happens is bacula runs this against mysql:
SELECT count(*) from JobMedia WHERE JobId=2010

If I look at my mysql munin graphs I see that there are queries running,
but they seem to run less over time.

If i run that query, I get the following:
mysql> SELECT count(*) from JobMedia WHERE JobId=2010;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|   315593 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.18 sec)

mysql> SELECT count(*) from JobMedia WHERE JobId=2010;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|   315628 |
1 row in set (0.18 sec)

mysql>

So, what is happening?  My box is just churning away at this mysql query
using up almost no IO?
Is something stuck?

--
Adrian Moisey
Systems Administrator | CareerJunction | Your Future Starts Here.