Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Specifing pool size midway through using it

2008-09-26 08:54:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Specifing pool size midway through using it
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Bill Damage" <bill.damage AT yahoo DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:49:18 -0400
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 4:59 AM, Bill Damage <bill.damage AT yahoo DOT com>
wrote:
> The scenario is I have 10 DDS-4 tapes and they are doing an incremental of
> about 200M/day, sometimes more, but I can see now the whole set will take
> several weeks to recycle. I started by just labelling each volume on the
> fly, I'm currently at number 4, but I realised I can't just go on like this
> - when I get to tape 10 I want it to ask for tape 1 again. I named my pool,
> "P1" actually, so it is correctly adding each new volume to it correcly - I
> now just want to limit the number of volumes in it. Should I have done this
> before I started? by the way I think the software is awesome and this group
> is one of the most helpful I've seen.

set Maximum volumes in the pool resource

http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION0014150000000000000000

And also setup automatic recycling:
http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Automatic_Volume_Recycling.html

After making changes to the volume retention time you will have to use
the console to change each labeled tape

update volume parameters and follow the prompts. The retention period
is specified in seconds.

John