Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Clean bacula server shutdown

2008-09-25 17:58:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Clean bacula server shutdown
From: "Erik P. Olsen" <epodata AT gmail DOT com>
To: Steve Garcia <sgarcia AT bak.rr DOT com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:46:01 +0200
On 25/09/08 22:34, Steve Garcia wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> I believe not,
>> It should be clean if you shut down while bacula is idle.
>>
>> If you shut down during a backup, then the catalog might not be updated to
>> match the tape, which will cause a mismatch next time the tape is used.  Is
>> that the situation you are seeing?
>
> That's not the problem (or at least it doesn't seem like it is.) Neither
> of the times we have shut the server down has been during a backup.
> Bacula has been idle at the time of the shutdown.
>
> The problem is that the tape is still in the drive, and after the
> machine comes back up, it gives me an error any time bacula tries to
> access the tape drive.

Does this also happen if you unmount and remount the tape before bacula starts
using the tape? I have also had this sort of problem and believe it's because
bacula thinks the tape is positioned differently from where it actually is. I
have successfully changed the error tag to append in such situations.

--
Erik.