Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Clean bacula server shutdown

2008-09-24 15:10:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Clean bacula server shutdown
From: Steve Garcia <sgarcia AT bak.rr DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:52:06 -0700
Is there a procedure for shutting bacula down cleanly?  In the last two
months, I've had to shut down the bacula server twice, once for a
scheduled power outage, and once due to a kernel upgrade.

Both times I've ended up with "damaged" tape volumes, no longer able to
append.

"Bad response to Append Data command.  Wanted 3000 OK data, got 3903
Error append data"

Now one additional issue is that when the server is rebooted, the
changer device seems to change.  I've now written a UDEV rule that I
hope will resolve this.  In any case, I'm *pretty* sure that this is an
unrelated problem, but I could be wrong.

In any case, each time I've had to reboot the server, bacula gives me
major grief.  Is there a procedure I can set up to shut bacula down
cleanly so it will be happy when the machine comes back up?

--
Steve Garcia
sgarcia AT bak.rr DOT com