Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Following symlinks

2008-09-22 13:19:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Following symlinks
From: Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas AT gmx DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:12:09 -0300
On Monday, 22 September 2008 08:51:27 -0500,
C M Reinehr wrote:

> Daniel,

> > There is some way to obtain Bacula follows symlinks? According to I
> > see, only does backup of the Link but not of its reference. I was
> > investigating but I didn't find something on the matter.

> This question was answered just a couple of weeks ago by Kjetil T.
> Homme. I quote:

> to force Bacula to follow the symlink, you must add /. to the name.
>
> e.g.
>
>      File = /opt/foo/symlink/.
>
> if you do
>
>      File = /opt/foo/symlink
>
> only the symlink it self will be backed up.

Very interesting tip! :-)

The point is the File option don't indicate links specifically, but of
the following way:

FileSet {
  Name = "BackupStandar"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = SHA1
    }
    File = /etc
    File = "\\|bash -c \"find /space/ -name backup -o -name log\""
  }
}

Where the client can have a /space/log and/or /space/backup and the
symlink can be in some subirectory of them. With this declaration of
File, how I could force backup of symlinks?

> Cheers!

Thanks for your reply, cmr.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Daniel Bareiro - System Administrator
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37