Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FW: Files/Directories missing from backup

2008-09-22 01:39:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FW: Files/Directories missing from backup
From: "Ken Barclay" <ken.barclay AT qbmore DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:14:26 +0700 (ICT)

Hello again,
Well the good news is that everything is backing up correctly again.  The best news is that Bacula has been found NOT guilty and has been cleared of all suspicion.
So, what happened?   It seems that one of my colleagues changed the directory structure on the offending server.  The contents of /share were all copied to /public/share.   /share was now no longer an active directory and as such couldn't do an Incremental back up simply because nothing had changed.   And when did he make this change?  As coincidence would have it, he changed the directory on 22 August, that's the same day that the server did its last Full backup.
Sorry for the false alarm, and Thanks to everyone who replied.  Can anyone recommend some good Change Management software?  (Or perhaps a good Inter-office Communications skills course).

Best Regards,
Ken