Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Makefile for the Nagios plugin

2008-09-17 16:56:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Makefile for the Nagios plugin
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:55:48 +0200
Hi,

17.09.2008 20:12, Alan Garrison wrote:
> Could someone post a working Makefile for the Nagios plugin that lives
> under "examples/nagios"?

A bit unlikely... it was never that simple, unfortunately.

>  There is a script called
> "prepare_for_check_bacula" which is supposed to generate the configure
> script, except it isn't working properly (2.4.2 source tarball).

Well, that's bad. It was me who prepared that script, but obviously it
doesn't fit to the current Bacula source code.

Currently, I won't find time to look into this - my apologies. You
can, though, probably manage yourself.

All this script does is applying the necessary changes as described in
Christian Masopusts (Author of the Nagios plugin) description to the
source tree of Bacula.

Fixing it should, thus, require only some time going through the steps
described and do them manually.

Actually, IIRC, the main thing to do is to create a check_bacula
directory with the contents of the tar'ed source code, and then add
that directory to ./configure so that the directory is also processed.

You have to run 'make' in that directory manually, then the executable
check_bacula should be created and you can test it.

More detailed help would require a more detailed problem description -
basically, what does not work, and what messages do you get from tar,
sed, ./configure or make in the check_bacula script?

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann