Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Full, Incremental & Differential Backups.

2008-09-15 13:48:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Full, Incremental & Differential Backups.
From: Pierre Bernhardt <pierre AT starcumulus.owl DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 19:48:01 +0200
lists schrieb:

> another question
>
> i can adjust the level of a job like Level = Full and so on. is it ok to
> have my JobDefs on Level = Full and only add Schedules for Full,
> Incremental and Differential?

If this will help: I've an running schedule for daily incremental,
weekly differential and monthly full backup with the following:

Schedule {
  Name = "Cycle"
  Run = Level=Full Storage=OVERLAND-LX 1st sun at 23:50
  Run = Level=Differential 2nd-5th sun at 23:50
  Run = Level=Incremental mon-sat at 23:50
}

JobDefs {
  Name = "RotateJob"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Schedule = "Cycle"
  Max Start Delay = 12400
  Max Wait Time = 36000
  Max Run Time = 36000
  Spool Data = yes
  Spool Attributes = yes
  Storage = Libra-8
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = Daily
  Incremental Backup Pool = Daily
  Differential Backup Pool = Weekly
  Full Backup Pool = Monthly
  Rerun Failed Levels = yes
  Priority = 9
}

It is based on three different pools named Daily, Weekly and
Monthly.

At the moment daily and weekly backups are going to Libra-8
Autochanger, Monthly should be go to OVERLAND-LX hhanger but
it is new and next schedule is next month ;-)

Cheers...
Pierre Bernhardt