Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] MySQL error when jobs run at the same time

2008-09-15 12:35:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] MySQL error when jobs run at the same time
From: Andy Shellam <andy-lists AT networkmail DOT eu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:35:29 +0100
Hi,

I'm running Bacula 2.4.2 which is backing up 4 servers incrementally
during the week, starting at 4:00.  Two of the servers are virtually
identical and the backup jobs complete at around the same time.

This results in the following error:

15-Sep 04:08 sydney-dir JobId 395: Query failed: CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE
DelCandidates (JobId INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL, PurgedFiles TINYINT, FileSetId
INTEGER UNSIGNED, JobFiles INTEGER UNSIGNED, JobStatus BINARY(1)): ERR=Table
'DelCandidates' already exists

My questions are:

1. Is this a problem?  I'm guessing it's part of the clean-up of
previous jobs, so is it possible to restrict the clean-ups to a
particular job (e.g. at the end of the week when the jobs are likely to
take longer and finish at different times.)

2. Would it be better to only let the director run one job at a time?
This seems a rather limited option, though, as if I was backing up 30
servers I would need to schedule the total time to back them all up,
instead of just the time of the longest backup job.

Thanks,

Andy