Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Moving old tape backups to new library tapes

2008-09-14 14:37:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Moving old tape backups to new library tapes
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:36:53 +0200
Hi,

13.09.2008 18:44, Pierre Bernhardt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've an old style DDS3 Library with many monthly full backups
> in my safe.
> I've bought an newer library (DLT IV) and want to migrate the
> old tapes to the new library.
> Is there an feature available in Bacula so I can do this?

Yup. It's called migration.

As this is a bit complicated I suggest you read the manual regarding
configuration, create two test pools - one per media type - and try to
get a working configuration.

In the end, you'd run only one migration job which would move all the
jobs from the DDS tapes to the DLT ones.

You need both tapes attached to the same SD for this to work, and
given the speed differences you'll probably want some spooling space
available.

If you encounter problems with the configuration, there are some users
here who use migration, so asking questions will probably get you answers.

Arno

> Cheers,
> Pierre Bernhardt

Arno Lehmann