Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Big error in restore

2008-09-10 07:45:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Big error in restore
From: Ralf Gross <Ralf-Lists AT ralfgross DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:44:45 +0200
Mikel Jimenez schrieb:
> Hello
> Today im going to restore the / of my server with incrementals and I get
> this messge.
> 0-sep 13:14 dracula-sd JobId 444: End of Volume at file 0 on device
> "full_sistemas" (/var/ironbackup/backups/sistemas/full), Volume "Full-0007"
> 10-sep 13:14 dracula-sd JobId 444: acquire.c:116 Changing device. Want
> Media Type="File5" have="File6"
>   device="full_sistemas" (/var/ironbackup/backups/sistemas/full)
> 10-sep 13:14 dracula-sd JobId 444: Fatal error: acquire.c:164 No
> suitable device found to read Volume "Incr-0070"
> 10-sep 13:14 dracula-sd JobId 444: Fatal error: mount.c:807 Cannot open
> Dev="full_sistemas" (/var/ironbackup/backups/sistemas/full), Vol=Incr-0070
> 10-sep 13:14 dracula-sd JobId 444: End of all volumes.
> 10-sep 13:14 dracula-dir JobId 444: Error: Bacula dracula-dir 2.4.2
> (26Jul08): 10-sep-2008 13:14:25
>

> Full and incrementals are in different devices... what happend with this?

There was/is a limitation that bacula can not restore from different
devices ot storage daemons.

I ran into this problem too. I solved the problem in splitting up the
restore in 2 or more steps, depending on how many devices you use.
First start a restore job with the jobids of the device with the full
backups, then the jobids of device with the incr. backups.

You can see the jobids at the beginning of the restore job that
failed.

Ralf