Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Do remote clients connect to bacula database?

2008-09-10 07:31:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Do remote clients connect to bacula database?
From: "Dagan McGregor" <Dagan.McGregor AT tnzi DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:37:05 +1200
 Hi all,

 Seemingly simple question - do the remote bacula clients connect to directly
to the backup database at all, or is the only connection for bacula to the
database done through Director/Storage daemon?

 I normally setup MySQL with 'skip-networking' so it only accepts local
connections, I just wondered if this would create problems for backups or
restores?

Cheers,

Dagan McGregor
Landmark Technologies