Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] No slots in changer to scan.

2008-09-04 12:40:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] No slots in changer to scan.
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 18:37:04 +0200
Hello,

Are you saying that this is a bug in mtx?   If so, do you know what versions
have the problem and in which version it is fixed?  Having the version
information is rather important because I imagine that most people such as
myself use the version that is installed by the distribution.

Also, I'm wondering if a configuration problem isn't causing problems.
Normally for doing an update slots, you should be using the Autochanger
resource -- i.e. the name of the autochanger and not the name of a particular
drive.  The output below seems to be referring to a particular drive such as
Drive-0 or Drive-1, and I am wondering if that is correct.  The silly command
prompt for "update slots" seems to ask for a drive number (I have two drives,
and think this prompt really should not be there and is probably ignored),
but when I do an update slots, it never prints anything about an individual
drive name, but always refers to the autochanger (mine is called
LTO-changer).

Best regards,

Kern