Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] No slots in changer to scan.

2008-09-04 10:02:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] No slots in changer to scan.
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:02:12 +0200
Hi,

04.09.2008 15:49, Brian Debelius wrote:
> I have that same problem also. It looks to me that something is up with
> mtx. If you change tapes in the changer, and then manually run mtx -f
> /dev/sg0 status, the first time, no slots are reported, and the second
> time slots are reported. I just run it twice now.
> I am running Ubuntu 8.04.

That might be because the autochanger either needs mor time to do an
inventory of its slots, or an explicit kick to do that.

In the first case, the autochanger is simply not yet ready to respond
to the slots status request, while in the second, the failed request
might actually trigger an inventory.

Arno

> Vladislav Korotkov wrote:
>> Sometimes after I issue `update slots’ command I get:
>>
>> No slots in changer to scan.
>>
>> When I run the command once (twice) again , everything is fine, the
>> slots’ status is updated:
>>
>> *update slots
>>
>> Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
>>
>> Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
>>
>> Automatically selected Storage: Autochanger
>>
>> Connecting to Storage daemon Autochanger at tmmsk.kosmos.cti.ru:9103 ...
>>
>> 3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
>>
>> Device "Drive-1" has 0 slots.
>>
>> No slots in changer to scan.
>>
>> *update slots
>>
>> Automatically selected Storage: Autochanger
>>
>> Connecting to Storage daemon Autochanger at tmmsk.kosmos.cti.ru:9103 ...
>>
>> 3306 Issuing autochanger "slots" command.
>>
>> Device "Drive-1" has 23 slots.
>>
>> Connecting to Storage daemon Autochanger at tmmsk.kosmos.cti.ru:9103 ...
>>
>> 3306 Issuing autochanger "list" command.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "881ABN" updated to reference slot 2.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "882ABN" updated to reference slot 3.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "883ABN" updated to reference slot 4.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "884ABN" updated to reference slot 5.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "886ABN" updated to reference slot 7.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "887ABN" updated to reference slot 8.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "888ABN" updated to reference slot 9.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "889ABN" updated to reference slot 10.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "890ABN" updated to reference slot 12.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "891ABN" updated to reference slot 13.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "892ABN" updated to reference slot 14.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "893ABN" updated to reference slot 15.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "894ABN" updated to reference slot 16.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "895ABN" updated to reference slot 17.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "896ABN" updated to reference slot 18.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "897ABN" updated to reference slot 19.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "898ABN" updated to reference slot 20.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "899ABN" updated to reference slot 21.
>>
>> Catalog record for Volume "880ABN" updated to reference slot 1.
>>
>> I have IBM TS3100 Autochanger device. Bacula version is 2.4.2.
>>
>> Could you please advise how to fix this?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Vladislav Korotkov
>>
>> IPTV Engineer
>>
>> Red Hat Certified Engineer
>>
>> CTI -- Communications. Technology. Innovations.
>>
>> Phone: +7 495 784-73-13 ext. 2616
>>
>> Fax: +7 495 784-73-14
>>
>> E-mail: v.korotkov AT cti DOT ru <mailto:v.korotkov AT cti DOT ru>__
>>
>> Web: www.cti.ru <http://www.cti.ru>

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
Sandstr. 6, 49080 Osnabrück