Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of all jobs fail if host unavailable

2008-09-03 03:48:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of all jobs fail if host unavailable
From: "Botha, Jacques (FNB)" <JacquesB AT fnb.co DOT za>
To: "Bruno Friedmann" <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:47:07 +0200
On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 23:18 +0200, Bruno Friedmann wrote:

> >> If Max Wait Time is not what I am after, could you please point me in
> >> the right direction ??
> >
> > I don't know the answers.  I was short in my reply.  Sorry.  I mean:
> > stop using max wait time in the short term, to get your jobs running.
> > Hopefully someone else can help.
> >
> > But off hand, I think max wait time is doing the wrong thing here.  Post
> > your entire job definition and we'll see.
> >

> I've encounter this type of trouble with max wait time having the same
> behaviour of max runtime.
>

> Perharps you could enable concurrent jobs ( if not tape setup ) ?
> In the other hands you can always issue a run command in bconsole and start
> the failed jobs manually.

I suppose this would be the most accurate description of my problem so
far:

Max Wait Time = 10 minutes

displays the same behaviour as what

Max Start Delay = 10 minutes

would have done !

I do not have "Max Start Delay" anywhere in my job definitions.

In the meantime I have also set:

Incremental Max Wait Time = 10 minutes
Differential Max Wait Time = 10 minutes

This made no difference, the jobs still fail.

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following
address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer AT fnb.co DOT za and we will send you a copy of the
Disclaimer.