Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of all jobs fail if host unavailable

2008-09-02 15:53:08
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of all jobs fail if host unavailable
From: "Botha, Jacques (FNB)" <JacquesB AT fnb.co DOT za>
To: "Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 21:52:44 +0200
On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 15:46 -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
> Botha, Jacques (FNB) wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > All my backups are scheduled for the same time, then queue with the same
> > priority, and run one at a time as the previous jobs finishes.
> >
> > Today I've got a machine that is unavailable due to a hardware fault.
> > Naturally the backup for this machine failed, but, also every backup
> > that was in the queue for all other machines after this one !
> >
> > Please help !
> >
> > I'm running bacula 2.4.2 on CentOS 5.
>
> Perhaps if you supplied the failure messages...

Sure

2008-09-02 20:15:19Bacula_Director JobId 175: Fatal error: Max wait time
exceeded. Job canceled.
2008-09-02 20:15:19Bacula_Director JobId 176: Fatal error: Max wait time
exceeded. Job canceled.
2008-09-02 20:15:19Bacula_Director JobId 177: Fatal error: Max wait time
exceeded. Job canceled.

And so forth until the last job.

Some more config information which might be usefull:

Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1

each job has  Max Wait Time = 10 minutes defined.

So my understanding is that the unavailable machine would have blocked
all other backups for 10 minutes until it timed out, but then they
should have continued, not be cancelled as well.

Where am I going wrong ?

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following
address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer AT fnb.co DOT za and we will send you a copy of the
Disclaimer.