Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of many many files

2008-09-02 13:08:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of many many files
From: "Yuri Timofeev" <tim4dev AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Michael Galloway" <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 20:08:22 +0300
2008/9/2 Michael Galloway <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>:
>> Yes. Use concurrent jobs and enable data spooling.
>> I always used the concurrent jobs and data spooling, despite warning
>> that the written in documentation. All - OK.
>>

> what parameter space are you in? how many files? how much concurrency?
At the same time concurrent Jobs on HDD can be 3-4 (one of them may be
the type Restore).
Each Job no more than 10-20 Gb.

Files, not very much: about 8 million total.
Volume data - around 1.5 terabytes total in all Volumes, Jobs.

> how is you spooling configured? etc ...
As described in documentation. Unfortunately, my knowledge of English
does not allow me to describe it in detail.

ps.
You distribute to individual Clients by Volumes.
And, in turn, distribute Volumes on different disks/controllers.

--
with best regards