Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Incremental/Differential Backup MSSQL

2008-09-01 09:12:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Incremental/Differential Backup MSSQL
From: Matthias Baake <mb AT marcant DOT net>
To: Daniel Betz <dbetz AT df DOT eu>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 15:12:39 +0200
On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 12:03:59PM +0200, Daniel Betz wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> you can try to use mtimeonly in the FileSet Resource to backup these files:
> http://bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION001470000000000000000
>
> mtimeonly=yes|no
>     If enabled, tells the Client that the selection of files during
> Incremental and Differential backups should based only on the st_mtime value
> in the stat() packet. The default is no which means that the selection of
> files to be backed up will be based on both the st_mtime and the st_ctime
> values. In general, it is not recommended to use this option.
>
> I dont know if this work, but you can give it an try.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Daniel Betz
> Platform Engineer
> ___________________________________
>
> domainfactory GmbH
> Oskar-Messter-Str. 33
> 85737 Ismaning
> Germany
>
> Telefon:  +49 (0)89 / 55266-364
> Telefax:  +49 (0)89 / 55266-222
>
> E-Mail:   dbetz AT df DOT eu
> Internet: www.df.eu
>
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München
> HRB 150294, Geschäftsführer Tobias
> Marburg, Jochen Tuchbreiter

Hi Daniel,

i do not think that this will be the solution. The Timestamp of the
files are not getting updated properly. Maybe this is a MSSQL
internal. I think the MSSQL Server allocates a chunk of space and
writes until it allocates another. Thats the only possibility for that
behavior. The question is, got somebody smiliar problems with MSSQL
Backups?

sincerly