Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backup of many many files

2008-09-01 03:45:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backup of many many files
From: Daniel Betz <dbetz AT df DOT eu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 09:45:36 +0200

Hi all,

can you give me some tips for backing up an filesystem with many many small files on it ?

The problem is, that i must backup mailservers with about 300 GB and  more than 1-2 million of many small files (Maildir).

The File Table in the bacula database grows up to more than 3GB and the backups takes more than 30 hours.

Is this an good time, or is there an way to optimize this eg. to run more cuncurrent jobs than one on the client ?

When i turn on concurrent jobs must i enable data spooling ?

This makes it impossible to restore single files "quick".

When you need more information, please let me know.

Many thanks and greetings,

Daniel Betz
Platform Engineer
___________________________________