Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] does Bacula detect file renames?

2008-08-29 05:20:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] does Bacula detect file renames?
From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo AT wpkg DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:19:26 +0200
I have a couple of users which sporadically edit video files.

These files can take several hundred megabytes and are also subject to
backup.

The thing is, users often move these files, i.e. from directory A to
directory B. And copy to directory C two days later. The next day, they
change files name from movie_a.avi to new_commercial.avi.

All these file renames/copying/moving make a big problem for our current
backup setup - the files are transferred again and again over slow
Internet, although files didn't change and their checksums are still the
same.

Can Bacula deal with file renames, copying (their time stamp can
differ), moving etc.?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org