Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Release not working as a job, but does if entered manually in bconsole.

2008-08-28 06:40:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Release not working as a job, but does if entered manually in bconsole.
From: Keith Sudbury <keith-lists AT netzensolutions DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:38:55 +0100
Hi,

If I run "echo 'release LTO-3' | bconsole" on the command line it
releases the tape fine and then ejects it.

However it does not seem to work if i run it as an after job, so I
created a separate job which runs after the rest, which looks like this:

#Release tape
Job {
  Name = "ReleaseTape"
  Type = Admin
  Level = Full
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Client = "bacula-fd"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
  Priority  = 101
  RunBeforeJob = "echo 'release LTO-3' | bconsole"
}

This still does not work... I am wondering if you guys know of a reason
why, or where I can check to see what is actually happening. In the
email it sends me it appeared to run the after jobs, I am wondering if
it is running release to close to the end of the job and there for not
releasing it as it is in use still? As when I run the command manually
in the morning, it seems to "just work"...

Many Thanks