Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] bacula ACL restore errors when replace=never

2008-08-26 06:12:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] bacula ACL restore errors when replace=never
From: Bastian Friedrich <bastian.friedrich AT collax DOT com>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 12:12:05 +0200
Hi Kern,

On Monday 25 August 2008, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> This sounds like a bug to me and probably should be reported in the bugs
> database. That said, it would be good to try to isolate what is going on
> here as much as possible because we currently don't have much spare time,
> which means that if you can pinpoint the problem we can probably fix it
> quickly, but if we need reproduce the problem and research what is going
> wrong, it will need to wait a bit.

I have submitted additional details about the problem along with logs from my
fd (-d 401) to mantis, issue id 1147:
http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1147

If there is anything more I should supply, just ask :) I can create additional
debug (e.g. in acl.c) if required.

As I said, I was not able to track the problem down in a sensible way; for
files not overwritten, probably there should be some "if (!extract) break;"
lines in some (all?) of the stream examination chunks; this does not prevent
the initially seen problem for files that do not pre-exist, though.

Thx in advance
   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-24

Geschäftsführer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 . Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942
\ ...put knot yore trust inn spel chequers.