Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula - single pool - purge current volume

2008-08-26 02:01:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula - single pool - purge current volume
From: ml AT s-it DOT ch
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:01:39 +0200 (CEST)
Hi

I'm using bacula to backup three servers.

I created just one pool for all my tapes. There are four day-tapes
(mo,tue,wed,thu) and also five week-tapes. (week 1-5)
There are also some monthly-tapes. (March, June ...)

can somenone tell me how to configure bacula to use the current tape
inserted?

currently I tried for the jobs-definition:
File Retention = 365d
Job Retention = 365d

and for the pool:
VolumeRetention = 12h
Maximum Volume Jobs = 3

the volumes are marked as "used" after a successfull backup. the backup
doesn't work the next time. I have to purge the volumes manually.

Thanks for your help.

Pascal