Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Feature request: Amazon S3 integration

2008-08-25 12:13:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Feature request: Amazon S3 integration
From: "David Boyes" <dboyes AT sinenomine DOT net>
To: "Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org>, "Soren Hansen" <soren AT ubuntu DOT com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:09:20 -0400
> Umm, my understanding is all systems that Bacula runs upon provide a
> SCSI interface.

Nope. No SCSI on my z10s. Multi-path FICON Express, dude. 8-)

> Look, please stop trying to poke holes in my specific suggestion and
pay
> more attention to my general suggestion: namely, pick a solution that
is
> Bacula independent.

Right on. It's bloody well time that Unix had a proper storage
management interface, which is exactly what we're in the process of
creating. There's no excuse for every single application implementing
their own way of handling stuff like that.