Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Blocked Device

2008-08-22 01:46:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Blocked Device
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:45:27 +0200
Jonathan Larsen wrote:
> The same tape keeps failing on the same job for the past two nights.  I just
> went to copy and paste it but I didn't have putty set to have more scroll
> back lines than 200 and bconsole spit out a lot of information once I tried
> to mount the tape acting up.

you always could do a less /var/lib/bacula/log ( default installation log )
there's inside all messages.

> Once I mount the tape it's having issues with the job then fails.  Would
> this indicate a problem with the tape?  Not really sure what I should try
> from here.  Maybe delete the tape from the media, do a rewind and weof and
> then relabel it?

It happen sometimes here that a tape is defect ( some of them will stop writing
or reading
after a certain amount of data 60Go even if the native capacity was 400Go )

try to have also a look at dmesg to see if there's any kernel message about the
tape

--

     Bruno Friedmann