Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula-dir.conf help please

2008-08-21 15:01:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula-dir.conf help please
From: Mike Eggleston <mikeegg1 AT mac DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:00:50 -0500
Hi,

I'm installing my first client on a mac (leopard) laptop and find that I
may have mis-understood how the Exclude and WildDir parameters work. I'm
trying to tune the client on the mac to only get the user's documents
and not everything (everything is easy to get). What I have so far is:

# backup files on a mac box
File Set {
  Name = Mac-Files
  Ignore Fileset Changes = yes
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = MD5
      Exclude = yes
      IgnoreCase = yes

      # Exclude Mac's Mail cached files (can be pulled from the main server)
      WildDir = "/Users/*/Library/Mail/*/INBOX/"

      # Exclude application cache of files
      WildDir = "/Users/*/Library/Caches/"

      # Exclude printer definitions
      WildDir = "/Users/*/Library/Printers/"

      # Exclude downloaded files
      WildDir = "/Users/*/Downloads/"

      # Exclude music files
      WildDir = "/Users/*/Music/"

      # Exclude movie files
      WildDir = "/Users/*/Movie/"

      # Exclude RSS feeds
      WildDir = "/Users/*/Library/PubSub/Feeds/*"

      # Exclude other directories
      WildDir = "/.journal/"
      WildDir = "/.fsck/"
      WildDir = "/.cpan/"
      WildDir = "/.fseventsd/"
      WildDir = "/cores/"
      WildDir = "/opt/"
      WildDir = "/root/"
      WildDir = "/tmp/"
      WildDir = "/usr/"
      WildDir = "/var/"
    }
    File = /etc
    File = /Users
    File = /Library/Preferences
    File = /Library/PreferencePanes
    File = /Library/Security
  }
}

My goal is to not get all the cached mail from Mail, not to get any files
from Caches, nor Printer/Music/Movie/RSS files.  I do want everything else
(I think) under /Users.

One of my test cases is if I get (bad) or don't get (good) the cached
user messages in /Users/*/Mail/*/INBOX/*. Really I think it's good to
get the Mail configuration, but I don't want all the locally cached files.

Will someone please help me see where I've mis-configured the above?

Mike