Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Installing bacula-fd (client) from source

2008-08-19 19:33:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Installing bacula-fd (client) from source
From: "Dagan McGregor" <Dagan.McGregor AT tnzi DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:33:25 +1200
 Thanks Ronald...

> >Do we need to include the same options used for the main
> bacula build,
> >like --with-mysql etc?
>
> IIRC all you specifically need is the client only option. You
> might want
> to check the manual for the other options, --enable-largefile for
> instance might come in handy.

 I will run it with a few options and see how things go.

> >I am going to be installing onto CentOS 4 and CentOS 5 machines if it
> >makes any difference :)
>
> Why go through the hassle in the first place? There are Redhat
> Enterprise Linux Packages on Sourceforge, which integrate
> perfectly with
> CentOS installations...

 The RPMs aren't covered in the general Bacula documentation, and since there
is a high likelihood I will be using Bacula in other environments, I thought it
would be a good learning experience to do it from source.

 It only takes a few extra minutes, and I end up with a config file that I can
refer to/ re-use at a later date :)

Cheers,

Dagan McGregor
Landmark Technologies