Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Installing bacula-fd (client) from source

2008-08-19 10:49:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Installing bacula-fd (client) from source
From: Ronald Buder <rbuder AT proficom-ag DOT de>
To: Dagan McGregor <Dagan.McGregor AT tnzi DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:48:57 +0200 (CEST)
>Hello,

Hi

>Just a quick question regarding the installation of the bacula-fd on
>client machines.
>
>I notice there is a command for bacuala to compile client-only, but are
>there any other options that should be passed when compiliing bacula-fd
>for client machines?
>
>Do we need to include the same options used for the main bacula build,
>like --with-mysql etc?

IIRC all you specifically need is the client only option. You might want
to check the manual for the other options, --enable-largefile for
instance might come in handy.

>I am going to be installing onto CentOS 4 and CentOS 5 machines if it
>makes any difference :)

Why go through the hassle in the first place? There are Redhat
Enterprise Linux Packages on Sourceforge, which integrate perfectly with
CentOS installations...

>Any help and suggestions appreciated!
>
>Cheers,
>
>Dagan McGregor