Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] RESOLVED Bacula DIR, SD and CONSOLE are in different LANs than FD

2008-08-19 01:49:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] RESOLVED Bacula DIR, SD and CONSOLE are in different LANs than FD
From: "Mario Constanti" <Mario.Constanti AT x-cellent DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:49:38 +0200
Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your help, now it works :-)
With the FQDN it works perfect!

Thanks a lot!

Mario

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: bacula-users-bounces AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
[mailto:bacula-users-bounces AT lists.sourceforge DOT net] Im Auftrag von
Sebastian Lehmann
Gesendet: Montag, 18. August 2008 17:00
An: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Betreff: Re: [Bacula-users] WG: Bacula DIR,SD and CONSOLE are in different LANs
than FD

Hi,

Am Mo 18.08.2008 15:43 schrieb Mario Constanti
<Mario.Constanti AT x-cellent DOT com>:

> Here are the Logfiles and some outputs from the server:
> Fileserver:
>
> ---> bacula-fd.conf on the fileserver
> Director {
> Name = backup
> Address = 172.23.10.3
> Password = "thecorrectpassword"
> }
> FileDaemon { # this is me
> Name = fileserver # hier stand costor drin -> falsch
> FDport = 9102 # where we listen for the director
> WorkingDirectory = /var/lib/bacula
> Pid Directory = /var/run
> FDAddress = 172.17.10.5
please remove this line. This is not necessary.

How is the config of the storage-daemon?

Storage-Daemon and Client communicate directly with each other. We use
several vlans and use fqdn for the storage-sd instead of ip-adress. At
the client, the fqdn of the sd is in the hosts-file, so the client can
resolve the ip. If you have several vlans and the sd is located in any
vlan (virtual vlan-interfaces) so you must use fqdn of the sd to resolve
the correct sd-ip.

>> From the other Servers, for example the Fileserver i can ping to the
>> Backup-Server and also can start
>> "telnet backupsystem 9103", "telnet backupsystem 9101", which works
>> correctly.
>>
>> But when i start a Backupjob, i got this Error-Message:
>>
>> 18-Aug 00:25 fileserver: fileserverBackup.2008-08-18_01.05.01
>> Warning:
>> bnet.c:864 Could not connect to Storage daemon on backup:9103.
>> ERR=No route
>> to host
here is you problem! the client can not resolve "backup". In the
bacula-dir.conf look at the storage-section. Is there the line "Address
= backup"? If yes, make sure, the client can resolve this name to the
correct sd-ip.

Greeting

Sebastian