Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bextract for Windows

2008-08-19 00:12:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bextract for Windows
From: jb AT soe DOT se
To: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 06:11:31 +0200 (CEST)
Hello Bruno,

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, Bruno Friedmann wrote:

> jb AT soe DOT se wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has there ever been a bextract for Windows?
>>
>> /jb
>>
> all utility and binaries are present inside the windows installer.
> If you don't want to install a full bacula server under windows you can
> extract what reside inside the installer.exe
> for example with 7z (www.7z.org).

Are you sure? According to the manual there is bextract and bls are not
availiable for Windows.

I have also installed and looked for myself but cant find any.

> Never tested the exe myself ... linux boxes is my prefered choice for keeping
> data safe. ;-)

Same here, but since it not possible to restore windows files on a linux
file daemon (or bextract), I need to use bextract on Windows. :-(

/jb