Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Where are attributes spooled to?

2008-08-18 12:39:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Where are attributes spooled to?
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Ryan Novosielski" <novosirj AT umdnj DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:39:16 -0400
> | i thought attributes were spooled, then commited to the database, of
> course
> | i may be completely wrong :-\
>
> Actually, you may be right. I ran into a situation over the weekend
> where something that was locking the database caused attribute spooling
> to hang. Anyone have a definitive answer?

Attributes are spooled to the database at the end of the job. If you
have thousands of files bacula may indicate that the job is finished
before this spooling is done but if you check the status of the
storage you will see that spooling is still happening. I am not sure
if you can remove media while this is happening as I have never
attempted that.

John