Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Res: Fwd: Res: My Bacula not recycle volumes

2008-08-15 15:46:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Res: Fwd: Res: My Bacula not recycle volumes
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "jaco santos" <jacoramos AT yahoo.com DOT br>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:46:15 -0400
> I have a volume for each day of the week.
> VTUESDAY, VWEDNESDAY, ...

I understand what you want.

> How do I get the volume of the Wednesday is always recycled on Tuesday. One
> day before?

Bacula will not recycle it on Tuesday no matter what settings you put
for either of these paramaters. Remember bacula will only recycle a
tape when it needs to write to a tape in that pool.

Bacula will recycle your Wednesday tape on Wednesday when the first
job that needs a tape from the Wednesday pool. So my point is it is
better have a few hour shorter use duration so that will guarantee
that on Wednesday the tape will be allowed to be recycled. Your
example of 23h for Volume Use Duration will not work if for some
reason the job started 1 hour earlier on this Wednesday than it did
the week before.

Try this:
Volume Use Duration = 6h
Volume Retention = 6 days