Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question concerning fd->sd TLS communication

2008-08-14 14:58:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question concerning fd->sd TLS communication
From: Timm Reinstorf <timmr-usenet AT gmx DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 20:58:09 +0200
Does anyone can help me with that configuration?

I wrote:
> I just need a clarification concerning tls communication encryption:
>
> Is it enough to configure "TLS Require = yes" on the file daemon side to
>   ensure the communication between the file daemon and the storage
> daemon will be encrypted?
>
> The reason why I do not want to set "TLS Require = yes" on the storage
> daemon is that other file daemons (local lan) should be able to connect
> the storage daemon without tls.

To rephrase the question:

I would like to require some (remote) clients to communicate encrypted
with the storage daemon, and some other (local) clients not.

Is this possible? Maybe I need two storage daemons for that? (but two
storage daemons sharing a device is probably not possible?).
Or is it okay to configure the storage daemon with "TLS Require = no"
and the remote clients will connect encrypted nevertheless, because in
their configuration (file daemon) is set: "TLS Require = yes"?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated,

Timm