Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] processor usage

2008-08-11 12:22:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] processor usage
From: jgriggs <jgriggs AT dynamicquest DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:35:39 -0400
Hello,

Just wanted to run something through here, see if anyone has some thoughts on it.

The following error continues popping up in Bacula for a windows 2003 server..

Unable to authenticate with File daemon at "168.241.222.128:9102". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD or
FD networking messed up (restart daemon).

No other boxes seem to have this same issue. It's also being backed up by another program, Netbackup. That error states "status 24: socket write failed".

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on this one. We've just been rebooting the box, and the backups will work ok for about a week or so.

Also, the question has arisen about the processor affinity in Bacula..  Please see below:

"on that box, one processor is pegged with the loftware process (which is itself a pain) while the others are basically idling.  does bacula have a processor affinity?  if it hooked up on the same processor as loftware, they'd be butting heads."

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
--
John D. Griggs