Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Still prefers not inchanger tapes

2008-08-11 10:03:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Still prefers not inchanger tapes
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Brian Debelius" <bdebelius AT intelesyscorp DOT com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:03:07 -0400
On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Brian Debelius
<bdebelius AT intelesyscorp DOT com> wrote:
> v2.4.2
>
> Ok I am still trying to figure out why Bacula wants a tape(s) that is
> not in the changer.  I have six tapes in the changer that are all
> purged, and available.  Bacula wants a tape that is not in the changer.
> I disabled the volume it wanted, and then it asked for another that was
> not in the changer.  So I disabled all volumes except the six in the
> changer, and it finally chose an in changer tape and ran.

Same here with bacula 2.4.2.
Although I have not got to work yet today, I got two emails today from
bacula asking me to load tapes that are not in the changer and I know
there are 5 or so tapes in the changer that bacula can use. The good
thing is this happens infrequently (one time per 3 or more months) so
I have not worried about this.

Hmm.. Wasn't there some setting in the .conf files to prefer the
inchanger volumes?

John