Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Recycle all tapes in changer

2008-08-06 11:41:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] Recycle all tapes in changer
From: Nils Blanck-Wehde <nils.blanck-wehde AT backofficeservice DOT biz>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:40:57 +0200
Hello List,

I made some major changes to my backup jobs and now I want to erase and recycle all my tapes.
Which steps are necessary to make the tapes usable again? All tapes are still within their retention period so pruning doesn't do anything.
I can't just drop all bacula tables like the FAQ suggests because I do want to keep track of all backups stored in harddisk-volumes.
Do I have to erase all tape-volumes, rewind them, write two EOF and label them again or is there a smarter way to do it? All tapes have barcodes so I don't know whether relabelling them with their old name again would confuse bacula...
I don't need any data on those tapes so basically I just want to wipe them.

I hope you get what I mean.

Thanks in advance,

Nils