Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Possible hosting Bacula on Launchpad

2008-08-05 13:13:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Possible hosting Bacula on Launchpad
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 19:13:07 +0200
Hello Dirk,

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 18:57:33 Dirk Bartley wrote:
> Greetings
>
> My only comment is that I have a like for subversion being quite used to
> it.  Subversion is more than capable of allowing users to create
> branches and merge changes made in a branch.  I've even done that with
> bacula's svn repository.
>
> I would however be willing to learn and use Bazaar.  Who know's.  I may
> even like it better.

Well from what I read about Bazaar, the command line interface is nearly
identical to svn's, but with a number of extensions.  In addition, Bazaar is
capable of doing branch merges, which svn cannot do.  Yea, I know that it is
possible, but it is *really* hard, and from what I read, Bazaar does it very
well.  With svn, I mostly merge by "hand" because it is far easier and less
prone to error than trying to use svn's merge capabilities.

So, for those who just want to checkout, modify, commit, the interface will be
virtually identical.

Best regards,

Kern