Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Release command

2008-08-04 05:07:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] Release command
From: Keith Sudbury <keith AT netzensolutions DOT com>
To: baculausers <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:06:49 +0100
According to the manual...

release This command is used to cause the Storage daemon to rewind (release)
the current tape in the drive, and to re-read the Volume label
the next time the tape is used.
release storage=<storage-name>
After a release command, the device is still kept open by Bacula (unless
Always Open is set to No in the Storage Daemon’s configuration) so it
cannot be used by another program. However, with some tape drives,
the operator can remove the current tape and to insert a different one,
and when the next Job starts, Bacula will know to re-read the tape
label to find out what tape is mounted. If you want to be able to use
the drive with another program (e.g. mt), you must use the unmount
command to cause Bacula to completely release (close) the device.

Ok great, but is there any way to get it to spit the tape out when it
has "released it" also can I put this in the config file to save me
running the release command as a run after script.

Cheers

--
Keith Sudbury
Netzen Solution Ltd