Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Multiple identical autochangers, same SD, same Media Type. Behavior?

2008-07-31 23:56:36
Subject: [Bacula-users] Multiple identical autochangers, same SD, same Media Type. Behavior?
From: "Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa" <ildefonso.camargo AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 23:26:29 +1930
Hi!

This is the first time I install bacula with two identical
autochangers connected to the same SD server, I currently configured
them with different Media Type strings, so I can define which of them
is used for each backup job, so far, so good, but then I got a
question (just curiosity):

What would happen if I configure them both with the same Media Type?,
will Bacula correctly locate a tape if I switch it from one
autochanger to the other?  I mean, what would happen if I have one
tape labeled and associated with one pool in autochanger0, and then I
pick that tape and put it on autchanger1, will bacula correctly locate
that tape and use it automatically?, or will it ask me to insert the
tape back to autochanger0.

Thanks in advance,

Ildefonso Camargo