Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacular-dir dead but pid file exists

2008-07-30 16:18:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacular-dir dead but pid file exists
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: wilfred AT starmail.co DOT za
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:18:33 -0400
On Jul 30, 2008, at 10:02 AM, wilfred AT starmail.co DOT za wrote:

> Whenever I try to check my bacula daemon status I get the following
> output:
> bacula-dir dead but pid file exists,
> Can anyone who has encountered this problem help me out.

I have not encountered it, but I think I know some information which
may be useful.

What OS are you using?

What version of Bacula?

Please paste the command you are using and the output it produces.

Does the PID file exist?

Does the PID it contain relate to a running process?

Is bacula-dir running?

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/