Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] insufficient data on tapes

2008-07-28 18:43:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] insufficient data on tapes
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:42:56 +0200
Hi,

25.07.2008 14:20, Hösch Roland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been very comfortable with using bacula a long time - this is really
> good
> stuff.
> But since I moved my tape drives to another server, I've got a problem:
>
> Til now my tapes were written with 11 to 33 GB of data, depending on the data
> and the compresion.
> But now any tape does not contain more than 1.3 til 2.6 GB.
> How can I fix this?

First check the OS operates the tape drive correctly, and the hardware
is running fine.

Just go through the usual testing routine - start with tar or dd, and
if those show anything funny, have a look in the system's log.
Otherwise, continue with the btape tests.

Typically, what you observe indicates a hardware problem or a tape
drive in need of cleaning.

Arno

> BTW: I'm using
>         bacula-2.4.1 on
>         ubuntu 7.10 with
>         2 autochangers HP C5713A (HP Surestore DAT 40x6)
>
> Best regards, Roland

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann
www.its-lehmann.de