Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] waiting for higher priority jobs to finish

2008-07-28 18:33:31
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] waiting for higher priority jobs to finish
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:33:13 +0200
Hi,

29.07.2008 00:23, Carlos André wrote:
> Well, i don't know what's wrong...
>
> But i'm just want to run 2 parallel jobs, on two differents storages
> resources (one DAT 72 and one LTO 3).
>
> I've configured "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20" on Director (director {}
> on bacula-dir), and "Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1" for each Storage
> Resource (storage {} on bacula-dir), and " Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20"
> on Storage Daemon (storage {} on bacula-sd)
>
> Then i run:
> run job="JOB1" fileset="JOB1" level="Full" client="JOB1" pool="LTO3"
> storage="LTO3" priority="200" when="2008-07-28 18:55:00" yes
> AND:
> run job="JOB2" fileset="JOB2" level="Full" client="JOB2" pool="DAT72"
> storage="DAT72" priority="10" when="2008-07-28 19:00:00" yes
>
> BUT I ALWAYS got "waiting for higher priority jobs to finish" on second
> job, i've used 2.2.8 until morning, and i've just upgraded to 2.4.1, but
> i got the same problem... damn, "waiting for highter priority??" i've
> set a priority 200 (LOWER) on first job, and a priority 10 (HIGHER) to
> second :( And even if it's a priority problem, i just configured the
> diretor to run up to 20 concurrent jobs (but just one job per time on
> each storage resource, i dont want do parallel jobs on same Tape)...

So far correct, but Bacula never runs jobs with different priority at
the same time. This is in the manual, as far as I recall, btw...

So, set the same priority to all your jobs, and they should run in
parallel.

The message is in fact misleading, though.

> Running Jobs:
>  JobId Level   Name                       Status
>   3679 Full    JOB1.2008-07-28_18.55.00 is running
>   3680 Full    JOB2.2008-07-28_19.00.15 is waiting for higher priority
> jobs to finish
> ====
>
> I need make a 2 Terabytes backup on my LTO3 (it will take a whole week)
> while Bacula make a daily incremental backups on DAT 72, and i cant just
> stop all my incremental backups for one week...
>
> Any one have any idea ??? Please?

Set the same priority level on all jobs you want to run concurrently.

Arno

> Thanks.

Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann